Dear vitality lovers,
if you are new to using turmeric in your cooking or never tried your hand in making turmeric milk, this piece is for you.
Or if you wanna spice up your favourite dishes use the golden magic for your porridge, smoothies, veggies or soups. I love to use it also for my energy balls or cakes.
With its incredible healing and calming properties, this easy and healthy latte-like creamy vegan drink is exactly what you need, especially if you are like Egle, feeling defeated by cold winter days in Europe.
If you are not familiar, golden paste is made by mixing ground turmeric powder (aka turmeric spice) with oil (i.e. coconut oil), black pepper, water and other Ayurvedic spices like ginger, cardamom and cinnamon.
4 tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp ginger powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tsp coconut oil
Mix everything in a small saucepan and cook until it starts simmering, let it sit, pour in a jar and keep in the fridge and incorporate it in your diet everyday in no time.
To make golden milk or golden latte using turmeric paste, simply place a teaspoon of turmeric paste into a mug, pour some hot milk over it, and sweeten with your favorite sweetener. Give it a mix and your golden tea is ready to enjoy.
Consuming food and drinks made with turmeric is known to:
- Help minimize joint pain and reduce inflammation
- Fight off various infections and build (and boost) immunity due to its antibacterial properties
- Help with a healthy glowing skin
- Tame heartburn and indigestion issues
- Delay diabetes as curcumin’s anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties help moderate insulin levels
- Protect brain and improve memory functions in Alzheimer patients. The following comes from this site, studies show that curcumin may increase levels of brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF). BDNF is a compound that helps your brain form new connections and promotes the growth of brain cells.
Let me know what you think about. Feel free to share your experience.