Hello dear vitality lovers,
Combining chia seed pudding with different kinds of fruits and superfoods is the perfect way to kickstart your health.
Making chia seed pudding is pretty simple, and the variations are endless! Typically, the perfect chia pudding consistency is three parts liquid of choice (nut milk or coconut milk), to one part chia seeds, left to soak for an hour or even overnight.
For example: Combine 1 cup coconut milk with a 1/4 cup chia seeds in a glass jar. Let the mixture sit for an hour in the fridge, stirring occasionally. You’ll notice the chia seeds turning creamy very quickly.
WHY CHIA PUDDING?
These little superfood seeds helps with weight loss – they’re loaded with essential nutrients like omega-3, calcium, potassium, and magnesium.
Chia seeds also pack an impressive three grams of protein and five grams of fiber per tablespoon. They help to feel longer full and satisfied due it’s protein and fiber.
I do love chia seeds and creating recipes highlighting the super food ingredient. I love incorporating chia seeds into smoothies, juices, on salad bowls for some extra crunch and other recipes as raw cakes, bliss balls etc …the list is long. And of course one of my favourite ways to eat chia is as a chia seed pudding.
HOW TO PREPARE CHIA PUDDING:
I decided for this layered chia pudding recipe with a blue mermaid n’icecream – because I love the combination of these two together, for flavour, texture an of course for the eyes!
Not only do these flavours complement each other, they pack a nutrient punch. you can create a super creamy ice cream substitute that’s healthy enough to eat first thing in the morning – it will provide you with vitamins A, B complex, C and potassium – what else could you need?
For this recipe you simply need to prepare a simple coconut milk/yoghurt chia pudding. So once your chia pudding is to your thickness liking, puree the frozen bananas and transfer the ice cream mixture on top of the chia pudding – into a separate glass. Decorate with favorite toppings – Now you can enjoy!
How to do the Blue Spirulina N’icecream:
Just blend up 4 very ripe frozen bananas together with a teaspoon of blue spirulina and add a little bit of your favorite milk (I used almond milk) and you are done! Probably the easiest recipe there is and it is so yummyyyy…
This sweet, tropical treat provides a ton of potassium and more amazing health benefits:
- reduces inflammation, promoting healthy joints and flexibility
- increases energy, endurance and stamina
- it promotes anti-aging and glowing skin because it contains Vitamin E, tyrosine and selenium
Ingredients for the Chia Pudding:
1/2 cup coconut yoghurt
1/2 cup milk of choice
1 tsp maple syrup
1/4 cup chia
1/8 tsp himalayan salt
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix the chia seeds with almond OR coconut milk, 2 tbsp yoghurt and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract and 1 tsp sweetener of choice together in a bowl. Whisk for 1-2 minutes until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Place in the fridge and allow to thicken up for 1 hour.
- Once the chia pudding is thick, begin layering the chia pudding, and rest of the yogurt (1-2 tbsp) in a glass. Start with some chia pudding, followed by some coconut yoghurt and then add your Blue Spirulina n’icecream mixture on top until you filled your glass. Garnish with some fresh fruit if desired.
#vegan, #glutenfree, #sugarfree and a healthy nutritious treat for every day. ENJOY!